There’s much more to a high-performance roofing system than just the quality of its Shingles. A roof is an intricately woven structure consisting of numerous parts, such as insulation and ventilation. All these parts work in complete harmony to provide efficient protection to your home while keeping you healthy and comfortable.
So, even if you invest in the most expensive shingles, but ignore the other components of your roof, you’ll never be able to achieve the desired results. That’s why; taking into account the crucial components like ventilation and attic insulation is of utmost importance in any re-roofing project.
Ideally, your home’s insulation and ventilation work in conjunction with each other like a team. Once you achieve that, you’ll be able to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home all year round, and that too without putting any burden on your HVAC system. Needless to say, optimally working Insulation and ventilation can help you make some serious savings on your electricity expenses.
So, let’s take a quick look at some of the important benefits of properly functioning insulation and ventilation.
1. It helps in increasing your home’s energy efficiency while decreasing your carbon footprint
2. High-performance insulation and ventilation can enhance the lifespan of your roofing system by preventing common issues like excessive moisture as well as shingle curling and buckling. All these properties can also help make your home more sustainable.
3. Investing in high-end roofing materials like Owens Corning Duration® Series shingles is the first step to avoid trouble in the long run. With a lifetime or Limited 30-year warranty, these shingles are some of the most resilient and long-lasting roofing materials available anywhere. They are designed to withstand strong winds (up to 130 MPH).
4. Their innovative “sure nail” technology with clearly marked areas for nails eliminates any chances of nailing mistakes and ensures consistent and proper installation. As a result, you’ll get a flatter, smoother, and more uniform roof.
5. One of the biggest causes of the rising levels of greenhouses gases is the increased use of energy in homes and commercial buildings. What makes things even worse is poorly performing attic insulation in homes that can cause the majority of the heat to escape through your attic. As a result, your HVAC system has to work harder for maintaining the right indoor temperature. Investing in attic insulation is an affordable and extremely effective way to boost the energy efficiency of your home.
6. Installing High-quality products like Owens Corning AttiCat® Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS Insulation and sealing air leaks with the help of experienced professionals can help you cut down your cooling and heating expenses by a whopping 20%.
7. Additionally, properly installed attic insulation and ventilation can help prevent trapped moisture and heat in the attic, and thereby, naturally increasing the performance and longevity of your roof.
So, why is it so important to prevent moisture and heat in your attic area? Let’s take a look at some of the issues that they can cause over time.
• Sagging roof deck
• Mold, fungi, spores, and mildew
• Insect infestation
• Interior damage
• Rust on the nail heads
• Cracked shingles
• Roof warping
• Attic heat can cause premature failure of the roofing system.
• Trapped heat can lead to the formation of ice dams
Ventilation and insulation work together to keep excessive heat and moisture out of the home. They help in maintaining an ideal temperature and proper conditions in the attic area and keep your roof deck in tip-top condition all year round.
Some of the top products offered by Owens Corning to prevent attic moisture and heat are:
• VentSure® ventilation is a range of products designed to release trapped heat from the attic area and to protect the roofing system from moisture-related problems.
• Undereave range is developed to assist ridge vents for superior air circulation, which can help prevent excessive moisture buildup.
Call Watkins Construction & Roofing today for more tips on how top-quality insulation and ventilation can help you attain ultimate comfort and make significant savings on your energy costs, get in touch with our experts today.